It was a big year for Blogger in 2010, as they rolled out an improvement to the template designer, real time statistics and they improved spam filtering. This year, they have let on to some improvements that will be taking effect throughout 2011. They promise to redesign the dashboard with a more modern looking user interface, enhance the mobile experience and deliver smart content discovery. These only being the new features that they CAN speak about.
Some facts about Blogger from the video above are as follows:
- 7 years ago Blogger had ±250 000 active readers.
- Today Blogger has over 400 Million active readers.
- Blogger is available in 50 different languages.
- 75% of traffic comes from outside the United States.
- Over half a Trillion words have been written on blogger, which equates to more than
- 5.3 Million novels and
- 250 000 words per minute.
- Almost 5000 novels are written a day on Blogger.
Source: Official Google Blog