Three reasons why you need to go MOBILE*:
- 63% of South African smartphone users access the Internet from their phone every day
- Almost 50% of South Africans use smartphones each month for shopping
- 53% of South Africans have seen an ad on their mobile device
GoMo – Is a Google initiative aiming to help business create mobile-friendly websites.
- The Mobile Meter will show you how you current site looks on a smartphone
- Enter in your current website’s url and see how it looks on a mobile device
- Conducts a quick test and then makes suggestions and recommendations on how your website could be optimised for mobile devices.
- Provides good examples of mobile sites for inspiration
- Also provides a list of mobile site developers who can assist you with creating a better mobile experience
*Stats from Get Mobile: Mobilise your site now (http://www.howtogomo.com/za/d/)
Google released a teaser video on Tuesday, of a study they conducted in the US on adult smartphone users. Yesterday the full report was released to the public and the statistics are not surprisingly incredible! Mobile is personal and accessable to us almost anywhere. 70% of people use their smartphone when shopping in-store to seek further product information, comparitive prices or to purchase. The use of smartphones whilst shopping has become our new best friend and an integral part of the multi-channel purchase process, which leads to immediate responses. As much as 39% of users purchase within a few hours of seeking information on their mobile device. 61% of users called the business and 59% visited the business after “accessing local content” via smartphones. In total, 9 out of 10 mobile searchers have led to consumers taking action and this could mean increased revenue for your business!
Has your company got a mobile friendly website or mobile ecommerce store? Is your advertising reaching local and interested consumers on a mobile medium? 71% of of mobile users conduct a search due to a mobile ad they saw. Mobile search and banner ads are seen by 82% of mobile users and half of those who see an ad (search and display), take action. We simply cannot ignore reaching our customers on mobile devices any longer. Please see our services page to find out how we can help increase your brand equity and ROI from mobile advertising.
Go on, click here to see the full report!